Sunday, January 23, 2011

My Frozen Addiction

            Ok, I think I have come to the conclusion that I am addicted to frozen Charlotte dolls!
I honestly can not get enough of these little girls. They were born in Germany in the early 1900's. Not perfect, many were buried on the grounds of doll factories. Recently, many are being unearthed.

The dolls are based on the story of a little girl named Charlotte, who against went out one night on a sleigh ride with a your suitor. She did not listen to her Mother to stay covered with a blanket, and well, you can guess the ending.  It is actually a beautiful love story, as her suitor mourned her so long, he died of a broken heart. The whole poem can be view here http://www.wtv-zone.com/phyrst/audio/nfld/12/charlotte.htm


I have been creating with them for over two years now and I just can't stop!


Steampunk Charlotte Framed Collages

 

Frozen Charlotte Ornaments




And Lots and Lots of Charlotte jewelry!
                        
They just make me happy and I love giving each one new life. And what can I say? I could have worse addictions!
For my complete line of frozen Charlotte jewelry, art dolls, and original art please visit me here:

1 comment:

  1. I love Frozen Charlottes as well! I've got a stash of them, but not nearly as many as you!

    ReplyDelete